'Game of Thrones' is back, and we can’t control our excitement, however sad we may feel that it is back for the final time.
Celebrant: “In the sight of the Seven, I hereby seal these two souls, binding them as one for eternity. Look upon one another and say the words.”
Rob and Talisa in unison: “Father. Smith. Warrior. Mother. Maiden. Crone. Stranger. I am his/hers, and s/he is mine, from this day, until the end of my days.”
We may have gotten used to lots of killings (and my God there have been a lot – I'm still not fully over Ned Stark!) but there is also a lot of love in Game of Thrones... And while yes, some of it may have been incestuous, quite frankly I am now so invested, I almost find it romantic!
At The Gin Inn we believe that your wedding should be a true reflection of your personality, which is why we bespoke our services to suit you! Feeling inspired, we thought we would give you some cocktail ideas that are perfectly suited not only to a G&T fan but to a GoT fan as well.
So, if you fancy being Khal and Khaleesi of your own Game of Thrones inspired wedding (or any kind of party for that matter) here are a few suggestions:
- Four Pillars Shiraz Gin paired with lemon tonic and garnished with an orange - we like to call this one 'The Red Wedding'... A turning point for almost any GoT fan, and I think we can all remember where we were when we watched it.
- Bombay Sapphire with frozen tonic - yes that’s right, frozen! - sugar and lemon juice. As this one's basically ice in a Martini glass we like to call it 'The White Walker' (for obvious reasons!)
- With 'The Mother of Dragons' being one of our favourite characters in the series, we had to honour her with her own cocktail! We reckon she would favour a mix of Prosecco, Dragonfruit (obviously) and just a dash of Elderflower Gin – our favourite is Nibbs – from one of our local distilleries!
- We all know Sansa loves her lemon cake so we would offer her the 'Sansa Lemon Special'! A zesty combination of Sipsmith Lemon Drizzle Gin and Mediterranean tonic, served with lemons.
- When on the hunt for more GoT inspiration, we discovered that one our favourite Gins – Jawbox - is created in Northern Island, home to Winterfell Castle. More digging revealed that they have created a cocktail inspired by 'The Night King and his Army of the Dead'. It combines lemon juice, Maraschino Liqueur and Creme de Violet for a sweet, yet sour tipple, with a striking icy blue hue served with a blood red cherry!
- Although we are a Gin bar, we can be persuaded to sway from Gin if the occasion needs us to! Which is why we have 'The Nights Watch'... A strong Espresso Martini. Quite frankly they sound like they need caffeine:
“Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the fire that burns against cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honour to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come.”
Although this seems sad, seeing as the Nights Watch is no more :-(
So grab your goblets, and raise a toast... Which of these drinks will claim your heart?
With our ‘text for Gin’ service, you and your guests can even place your orders from your phones, and have them delivered to you, without leaving your Iron Throne unguarded.
If you really are a Game of Thrones lover we thought we would take this opportunity to tell you about Doris Loves, an awesome company, based in Farnham, they have an amazing temporary tattoo station and with Emma, the owner, being a massive fan too they have Game of Thrones tattoos that can be put on your guests in tribute! They have even used their light up letters to write GOT.. our kind of people – check them out here!
If you have a wedding or event coming up that you would like to speak to us about, give us a call... Although not whilst the new series is on! (Just joking… kinda!)